A HUGE thank you to everyone who prayed and/or sent good vibes to Mama Boobies. She sailed through her heart procedure and we ended up with good news! Mad love to each and every one of you who showed love!
Moving on, I decided to link up with Monday Listicles. I know it's Sunday, but come on-it's been a long week for me.
Topic: 10 Things I Learned In 2012:
1. Between my eldest son moving out of state to live with his Dad, & the touch and go health of my Mom-2012 reminded me to embrace what you have. The good parts, the bad parts, & the sad parts.
2. Take chances. I've made some bold steps this year, throwing caution to the wind. I've decided to write a book. (Because hey--I could be the next Boobies King or something.) I'm also an Independent Scentsy Consultant. I know. You've heard me say this a bazillion times. I'm probably going to say it a billion more next year. (P.S. I can help you with your Christmas shopping. Just saying.)
3. Enlightenment. I started doing yoga this month. Triple D breasts and yoga weren't really meant to go together. But I make it work. I'm not sure if I found my Zen. But I do know I'm hella flexible now. (Mr. B likes that.)
4. Friends are like condoms. They are always there to protect you when things get hard. (Sorry, I had to go there.) I've been so lucky to have the friends that I'm surrounded by. The last year has been tumultuous for me, but I have truly been blessed with friends who know how to carry me and all the silicone parts I come with.
5. Let Go.
6. It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission. At least that's been my experience when the credit card bill comes.
7. It's OKAY if you might have caught Justin Bieber's new fragrance commercial on t.v. - liked it...a lot. It's also okay if you googled it. Because he's 18! Don't judge me. (Carrie!) I'm still a very youthful 30 + 3. I can look twice if I want. (So can you.)
8. It's okay to say NO. Unless you're getting paid. In which case, you should charge double.
9. Even the BEST parenting can go bad. (See When Good Parenting Goes Bad.)
10. Sharing a bed with two men is never a good idea.
What did you guys learn from this year?